Conventional heaters and AC units are not the only options for your home heating and cooling needs. A single heat pump installation can eliminate the need for two separate systems. This is just one of the many reasons heat pumps are rising in popularity among New Orleans homeowners.
At Surgi’s Heating & Air Conditioning, we commit our time to work with your current duct system or help find your home a suitable ductless option. Our team employs the utmost care when handling any and all of your professional heater installation needs. Read on to determine if heat pumps are the upgrade your home has been missing!
What Are Heat Pumps?
A heat pump is a two-in-one heating and cooling system. Instead of generating heat like a standard heater, these units use electricity to transfer heat to or from your home to produce the desired cooling or heating effects.
How Do Heat Pumps Work?
These systems operate by utilizing refrigerant liquid and coils. The refrigerant undergoes a continuous phase transition from liquid to gas by manipulating its pressure. This repeated transition is what’s responsible for heating and cooling your home. The process can sound quite confusing so let’s break it down.
- The cold air inside your home passes over the indoor coil containing high-temperature pressurized gas.
- The indoor coil then transfers heat to the cold air inside your home.
- The refrigerant condenses into a liquid as the indoor coil releases that heat.
- Warm liquid refrigerant travels through an expansion valve, relieving its pressure.
- As the pressure of the refrigerant reduces, it also drops in temperature.
- The low-temperature, low-pressure liquid refrigerant then passes over the outdoor coil, attracting any available heat from the outside air.
- The liquid refrigerant reverts to a gas form as it passes through the compressor.
- The compressor raises the temperature and pressure of the refrigerant, causing it to travel back over the indoor coil.
Heat pumps carry out this process to warm your home during the cooler seasons. In addition, by simply reversing this process, these units also work to cool down your home during the warmer seasons. Their heating and cooling flexibility provide seasonal comfort, making them the ideal year-round system.
Why Are Heat Pumps A Popular Heating Option?
Compared to traditional heating and air conditioning systems, these units use less energy and help save you money. They replace the need for two separate units while utilizing less electricity to heat and cool your home, making them an eco-friendly alternative to conventional AC systems.
In addition, heat pumps are a lot safer than gas heaters as there’s no risk of a gas leak occurring. Due to their ability to transfer heat instead of burning fossil fuels to generate it, indoor air quality is vastly healthier. They also offer quieter operation with their compressor installed outside the home.
Contact Us For New Orleans Heater Replacement
Surgi’s Heating & Air Conditioning makes the installation process easy breezy! Call us today to schedule an appointment with our expert team.